You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad screen replacement

iPad screen replacement can be done . How much it cost ? I have iPad air2

iPad Air 2, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 20, 2019 8:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2019 8:33 PM

Apple doesn't actually replace iPad screens. Instead they offer out of warranty replacements.

This link tells it will cost $299 for an iPad Air 2: iPad Screen Damage - Official Apple Support

3 replies

Jul 20, 2019 9:07 PM in response to Ksr_Balaji_2412

Just to clarify, since the first iPad all iPad models had two repair prices - "battery service" or "screen damage". The battery service is now $99 in the US and requires an iPad in good working condition without any screen damage or major cosmetic damage. "Screen damage" really covers any other kind of damage or malfunction and the price depends on the model.

However, the only way I've heard of Apple or an AASP performing an iPad service is to exchange the customer's iPad for a replacement device that could be refurbished or new. They come in plain boxes without any accessories and the model number will start with an N. Because it's an exchange, it's important that the customer back up the iPad in order to restore the data to the replacement device. Then they'll take the returned device and see if it can be repaired/refurbished at a central repair facility.

Also, storage capacity won't affect the replacement price. For my iPad Mini 4, the "screen damage" replacement price is the same regardless of whether it's 32 GB, 64 GB, or 128 GB. But they'll only replace it for the same capacity and you can't ask for an upgrade.

ipad screen replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.