You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4 passcode reset

i purchased an iphone 4 from a friend of mine for my son to use as a play phone, my sister asked to use the phone until hers got fixed. she logged into her icloud and her crazy guardian found out she had a phone and hacked the account and locked the iphone with a passcode and i guess put it in lost mode. i tried resetting the iphone on itunes but my sister doesnt remember the email to her icloud from 3 years ago. any suggestions on how i can get the passcode off or reset? like i said it is an old iphone 4 that my son was using for a play phone. thanks.

iPhone 4 (8GB)

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 7:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 7:32 PM

The passcode isn't the problem. the problem is that the device is now activation locked. Only the owner of the account used to lock it can remove that lock.

1 reply

iphone 4 passcode reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.