You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Empty iCloud Drive Reports 17GB data?

When I check my storage through Mac System Preferences it reports 17.2GB of data in the iCloud Drive box. I have emptied the actual 3GB of data that I could see in iCloud Drive folder, I also disabled everything that saves to Drive except iBooks (not even a GB in size). I then logged into the browser to empty the trash, but it says trash is empty. I've also read online that emptying Mac trash supposedly helps, but in my case that made no difference.

What else gets saved to iCloud Drive and how do I access it?

PS. My Mac is not set to save Documents and Desktop to iCloud Books is the box ticked in that menu.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 5:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 6:16 AM

The account needs to be refreshed , contact apple support senior care advisors , they might reduce the data from their end and provide the details to them see this link https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201232

Similar questions

1 reply

My Empty iCloud Drive Reports 17GB data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.