You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emptying Safari cache

How do I empty my Safari or Mac cache?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 9, 2019 3:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2019 3:42 PM

Safari and Mac cache are two different things.

In Safari Preferences : Advanced tab : [√] Show Develop menu in menu bar. Once you have done that, you can press the option+command+e keyboard shortcut, the Develop menu bar item will flash blue, and your Safari Cache has been emptied.

There is little need to empty the Mac System cache, though booting into Safe Boot mode will do that as part of other house-keeping activies unique to this boot mode. Reboot normally afterward. I rarely use Safe Boot myself, and then only as part of a diagnostic process, as we often recommend in these communities.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 9, 2019 3:42 PM in response to ValentineLucy

Safari and Mac cache are two different things.

In Safari Preferences : Advanced tab : [√] Show Develop menu in menu bar. Once you have done that, you can press the option+command+e keyboard shortcut, the Develop menu bar item will flash blue, and your Safari Cache has been emptied.

There is little need to empty the Mac System cache, though booting into Safe Boot mode will do that as part of other house-keeping activies unique to this boot mode. Reboot normally afterward. I rarely use Safe Boot myself, and then only as part of a diagnostic process, as we often recommend in these communities.

Emptying Safari cache

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.