You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch reset

I am not able to reset my Apple Watch of too many password attempt

Posted on Jul 9, 2019 1:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2019 2:12 PM

I understand your Apple Watch is currently showing you've had too many attempts to enter your passcode, and you're trying to pair it again with your iPhone. I can understand how frustrating this can be, especially since notifications and other options aren't conveniently available at your wrist. I'd be happy to provide information that may help you out.Start out with this article: If you forgot your Apple Watch passcode

Use your paired iPhone
If you have your iPhone, you can use the Apple Watch app to remove the passcode from your Apple Watch. After you remove the passcode, you need to set up your Apple Watch again and restore from a backup.
  1. Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together until you complete these steps.
  2. Open the Apple Watch app and tap the My Watch tab.
  3. Tap General > Reset.
  4. Tap Erase Apple Watch Content and Settings, then tap again to confirm. You might need to enter your Apple ID password.
  5. Wait for the process to finish, then set up your Apple Watch again. When asked, restore from a backup.

Use your Apple Watch
If you don't have your paired iPhone, you can still remove the passcode from your Apple Watch.
  1. Keep your watch on its charger until you complete these steps.
  2. Press and hold the side button until you see Power Off.
  3. Firmly press the Power Off slider, then lift your finger. 
  4. Tap Erase all content and settings.
  5. Wait for the process to finish, then set up your Apple Watch again. When asked, restore from a backup.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 9, 2019 2:12 PM in response to mech.er.akshayjain12

I understand your Apple Watch is currently showing you've had too many attempts to enter your passcode, and you're trying to pair it again with your iPhone. I can understand how frustrating this can be, especially since notifications and other options aren't conveniently available at your wrist. I'd be happy to provide information that may help you out.Start out with this article: If you forgot your Apple Watch passcode

Use your paired iPhone
If you have your iPhone, you can use the Apple Watch app to remove the passcode from your Apple Watch. After you remove the passcode, you need to set up your Apple Watch again and restore from a backup.
  1. Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together until you complete these steps.
  2. Open the Apple Watch app and tap the My Watch tab.
  3. Tap General > Reset.
  4. Tap Erase Apple Watch Content and Settings, then tap again to confirm. You might need to enter your Apple ID password.

Use your Apple Watch
If you don't have your paired iPhone, you can still remove the passcode from your Apple Watch.
  1. Keep your watch on its charger until you complete these steps.
  2. Press and hold the side button until you see Power Off.
  3. Firmly press the Power Off slider, then lift your finger. 
  4. Tap Erase all content and settings.

Apple Watch reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.