You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Foggy camera

So I went on a boat a few days ago and my phone was splashed with water a little bit and I wiped it off, but now the cameras are foggy? like inside. I’m not sure how to fix this issue. My questions are, 1) Why is my camera foggy? 2) How can I fix it? it kind of looks like condensation inside of my camera lenses. Both front and back. I read other community questions and read up about the iPhone X and it says that it is “splash proof” so I’m confused why this is happening.

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 7, 2019 9:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2019 1:23 PM

Your iPhone is not water proof. It is water resistant.

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty - Apple Support

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

Visit an Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service Center. Let them assess the iPhone. It is almost certainly water damaged.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 7, 2019 1:23 PM in response to abbi33

Your iPhone is not water proof. It is water resistant.

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty - Apple Support

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

Visit an Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service Center. Let them assess the iPhone. It is almost certainly water damaged.

Foggy camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.