You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On screen camera buttons appearing on my videos. How to turn off?

I am trying to record video to my Mac with iPhone as my camera using QuickTime 10.5. I was wondering why are the iPhone's camera app buttons showing on my video? I can't see why anyone would ever want those buttons to be shown in a video.

If my explanation wasn't clear here is a YouTube video showing the problem.https://youtu.be/-a3lHjyvL3w

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 5:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2019 10:24 PM

You could record a regular video on the phone, then transfer it to your Mac afterwards? Then it wouldn’t be a screen recording of the phone, and it wouldn’t have the interface controls in the picture.

There are third party apps that claim to turn your iPhone into a virtual webcam for this purpose. Untested by me, so I can’t recommend a specific one.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 9, 2019 10:24 PM in response to pik80

You could record a regular video on the phone, then transfer it to your Mac afterwards? Then it wouldn’t be a screen recording of the phone, and it wouldn’t have the interface controls in the picture.

There are third party apps that claim to turn your iPhone into a virtual webcam for this purpose. Untested by me, so I can’t recommend a specific one.

Jul 10, 2019 1:41 PM in response to Urquhart1244

The issue is that my microphone can't plug straight into the phone. I could buy a mic that could do that (with less features) or a new webcam that is higher resolution. The new web cam is starting to make more sense to me since there may be a few benefits: USB-C support that I could also use on my laptop, 4K, and I wonder if that kind of camera could zoom in and out more? That would also be valuable. The more I think about it the more my mind goes in that direction.

On screen camera buttons appearing on my videos. How to turn off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.