You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie says, when uploading a movie I made to Youtube, "iMovie wants to access your Google account. This will allow iMovie to: see, edit and permanently delete your YouTube videos, ratings, comments and captions" etc. What gives?

iMovie says, when uploading a movie I made to Youtube, "iMovie wants to access your Google account. This will allow iMovie to: see, edit and permanently delete your YouTube videos, ratings, comments and captions" etc.

What gives? Why would Apple think it can manage my YouTube account for me, and is this a scam? I first saw this 3 years ago.

(iMovie 10.1.11, Macbook Pro running High Sierra 10.13.6 ... but when first happened on lower versions of both)

Posted on Jun 9, 2019 9:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2019 10:18 AM

I saw this message reported on this forum a couple of years ago, but not since then, until you posted. It may not be a legitimate message. In any event, I wouldn't acquiesce to the request.

The most reliable way of uploading to You Tube is to share your movie to the desk top and drag it from there to the You Tube upload window. That should obviate the problem.

-- Rich

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 9, 2019 10:18 AM in response to murray285

I saw this message reported on this forum a couple of years ago, but not since then, until you posted. It may not be a legitimate message. In any event, I wouldn't acquiesce to the request.

The most reliable way of uploading to You Tube is to share your movie to the desk top and drag it from there to the You Tube upload window. That should obviate the problem.

-- Rich

Jun 9, 2019 1:28 PM in response to Rich839

Well now, THERE'S a good idea, assuming I can do it. (My desktop is a cluttered mess of folders and jpegs.) I have never allowed this and looked for a button where I could instead give it the finger. I knew it seemed pretty 'off.'

I'm sure when I get YouTube up I'll see what you mean by the upload window ...

Thanks very much, Rich.

iMovie says, when uploading a movie I made to Youtube, "iMovie wants to access your Google account. This will allow iMovie to: see, edit and permanently delete your YouTube videos, ratings, comments and captions" etc. What gives?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.