You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unknown error update phone will not respond -

I just did an update on my iphone 7 plus. Now Itunes is telling me that there is an unknown error and could not do the update and the phone can not be restored. It will not turn on either. is it doomed? I am really upset, as I just recently purchased this phone! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks so much!

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 2, 2019 6:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 1:43 PM

Hello Ivan_Kuzmanov,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

If I'm understanding your post correctly, you updated your iPhone 7 Plus but iTunes is stating that there was an error during the update process and now the iPhone cannot be restored.

Take a look at this article called If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and try all of the steps provided on your iPhone.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Kindest Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 3, 2019 1:43 PM in response to Ivan_Kuzmanov

Hello Ivan_Kuzmanov,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

If I'm understanding your post correctly, you updated your iPhone 7 Plus but iTunes is stating that there was an error during the update process and now the iPhone cannot be restored.

Take a look at this article called If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and try all of the steps provided on your iPhone.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Kindest Regards.

Jun 3, 2019 1:50 PM in response to jeremy_v

Hello! Thanks so much for responding. Yes, Itunes kept telling me the phone could not update, nor could the phone restore. Yikes! The phone would not turn on. I disconnected the phone from the Imac, had to update the software on the Imac, reconnect the phone, then restore the phone from the back-up. It was pretty grueling as I am not the most computer savvy person.

Anyway, all is good now - mind you, now I'm nervous about the next update!

Cheers!

unknown error update phone will not respond -

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.