You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac won't read micro sd card 128gb

How do i get my mac to read the micro sd card, it just comes up with ( this card cannot be read with this computer? its 128GB

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 31, 2019 4:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 31, 2019 4:57 PM

I wonder if this still holds?

Are there size limitations for the cards that can be inserted into the SD slot?

Yes. The SD card specification for a memory card is 32mm by 24mm by 2.1mm. You can also use thinner cards, such as MultiMediaCards (MMC). Avoid using cards that have a thickness greater than 2.1mm, as they might damage the SD card slot if you try to insert them.

Which SD card formats work in the SD card slot?

Cards that conform to the SD 1.x, 2.x, and 3.x standards should work. The SD card slot can use: 

• Standard SD, 4MB to 2GB
  • SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity), 4GB to 32GB
  • SDXC, 4GB to 2TB
  • MMC (MultiMediaCards)
  • UHS‑II, up to 2TB (iMac Pro only)

You can use a passive adapter like the one shown here to make MiniSD, MicroSD, and higher density formats like MiniSDHC and MicroSDHC conform to the width and thickness specifications listed above:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204384

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 31, 2019 4:57 PM in response to Toopy2p

I wonder if this still holds?

Are there size limitations for the cards that can be inserted into the SD slot?

Yes. The SD card specification for a memory card is 32mm by 24mm by 2.1mm. You can also use thinner cards, such as MultiMediaCards (MMC). Avoid using cards that have a thickness greater than 2.1mm, as they might damage the SD card slot if you try to insert them.

Which SD card formats work in the SD card slot?

Cards that conform to the SD 1.x, 2.x, and 3.x standards should work. The SD card slot can use: 

• Standard SD, 4MB to 2GB
  • SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity), 4GB to 32GB
  • SDXC, 4GB to 2TB
  • MMC (MultiMediaCards)
  • UHS‑II, up to 2TB (iMac Pro only)

You can use a passive adapter like the one shown here to make MiniSD, MicroSD, and higher density formats like MiniSDHC and MicroSDHC conform to the width and thickness specifications listed above:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204384

Mac won't read micro sd card 128gb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.