You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic mouse 2 & keyboard - Charge

Hi,

i want to ask if i can charge magic mouse 2 & magic keyboard with ipad charger.

(until now i use iPhone charger)

Thanks in advance!

Posted on May 24, 2019 8:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 24, 2019 8:18 PM

Yes. Any USB charger will work. The charging won't be any faster. The device won't draw more current than it needs.

You could even use a high power MacBook Pro USB-C charger if you get a USB-C to Lightning cable. Those chargers can provide up to 20 volts, but they always start at 5 volts, and will switch to a higher voltage only if the device request it.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 24, 2019 8:18 PM in response to Community User

Yes. Any USB charger will work. The charging won't be any faster. The device won't draw more current than it needs.

You could even use a high power MacBook Pro USB-C charger if you get a USB-C to Lightning cable. Those chargers can provide up to 20 volts, but they always start at 5 volts, and will switch to a higher voltage only if the device request it.

Magic mouse 2 & keyboard - Charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.