You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I did The last update on my iPhone and now I cannot Answer a text on the lock screen. What’s up with that?

I did The last update on my iPhone and now I cannot Answer a text on the lock screen. What’s up with that?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on May 17, 2019 7:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 17, 2019 7:49 PM

Hello JerylV,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with being able to respond to messages in the Lock Screen. I am happy to check this out with you.

Please go to Settings > Touch ID and Passcode > ALLOW ACCESS WHEN LOCKED

Check is Reply with Messages is enabled. If it isn't, enabled it and test. If it is already enabled, I recommend disabling that button.

Then, restart your device: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then go back to Settings > Touch ID and Passcode > ALLOW ACCESS WHEN LOCKED and reenabled Reply with Messages.

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 17, 2019 7:49 PM in response to JerylV

Hello JerylV,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with being able to respond to messages in the Lock Screen. I am happy to check this out with you.

Please go to Settings > Touch ID and Passcode > ALLOW ACCESS WHEN LOCKED

Check is Reply with Messages is enabled. If it isn't, enabled it and test. If it is already enabled, I recommend disabling that button.

Then, restart your device: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then go back to Settings > Touch ID and Passcode > ALLOW ACCESS WHEN LOCKED and reenabled Reply with Messages.

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

May 17, 2019 8:24 PM in response to sterling r

Thank you! I contacted Apple and they had no answers. After waiting over a half hour for absolutely no help I just told them I’d call back later. After I signed Out of the chat I thought Maybe I should Just do a soft reboot. That did the trick. Thanks for your help I totalLa forgot I had Posted this or I would Have went back in and removed it. Have a great weekend!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.