You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted text messages

How do I retrieve deleted text messages? I accidentally deleted all of my messages from someone and I only meant to delete one.

Posted on May 13, 2019 7:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 13, 2019 7:19 AM

The only way to recover deleted text messages is to restore the phone to a backup that was made when the messages were on the device. Understand, that restoring to a backup will delete all content on the device since the date/time of the backup. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 13, 2019 7:19 AM in response to angelia257

The only way to recover deleted text messages is to restore the phone to a backup that was made when the messages were on the device. Understand, that restoring to a backup will delete all content on the device since the date/time of the backup. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

May 13, 2019 7:19 AM in response to angelia257

angelia257 wrote:

How do I retrieve deleted text messages? I accidentally deleted all of my messages from someone and I only meant to delete one.

How do I retrieve deleted messages

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8431631

You can recover deleted iMessages in three ways. Recovering straight from your iPhone with the quick-scan Enigma Recovery software will enable you to view instant deleted messages in minutes, without the need to use a backup file. The other options involve recovering deleted iMessages from an iTunes or iCloud backup.Oct 4, 2018

How to Recover Deleted iMessages on iPhone | Enigma Recovery

Deleted text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.