You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import PLAYLISTS w/o Syncing

Can I import PLAYLISTS (not just songs) from my iPhone or iTouch back to iTunes master library on computer (w/o syncing)? Why not sync?: to restore PLAYLISTs to original content after tuning on icloud...

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on May 3, 2019 8:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 5, 2019 11:03 AM

See Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community. If the same library was used to load up the device then you may be able to export XML playlists from the device and import them into iTunes.

tt2

2 replies

May 10, 2019 9:10 AM in response to turingtest2

Thank you so much: I'm in the process of using Touch Copy to import back in to my iTunes master library my hard earned personal playlists that iCloud changed or even eliminated. Prior to turning on iCloud I loaded my phone & an iPod with some of my playlists...

Touch Copy appears to be maybe the only software of this type still in business. (There were plenty of sites secretively trying to get me to download other stuff.) And forget about a free trial that appears to be just a lure.

Results so far are wonderful. Soon I hope to be a playlist hobbyist who uses my personal collection/iTunes and Apple Music streaming, but it's taken a lot of time. Very much appreciated

Import PLAYLISTS w/o Syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.