You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

double sided printing with Mojave

Why can't I print double sided?

Using Mac Pro with Mojave, Epson XP-830 which is capable of printing double sided.

On my pop-up print menu, under Layout, I cannot choose Two-sided printing - the word "off" is greyed out and I cannot select or deselect it. (see screenshot)

In System Preferences Printers, Two sided or Duplex printing is not listed as an option even though my printer is capable. (see screenshot)

I have been able to print double sided from this computer with this printer in the past. I am still able to print double sided from my iPad.

Is this a glitch in Mojave? Is there anything I can do to double side print from my computer?

Mac Pro

Posted on May 2, 2019 10:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 2, 2019 10:24 AM

Try deleting the printer and adding it again. When you do that, pay great attention to the options you are offered.

For example, I get this for a particular printer that has two-sided printing capability. If I do not check the duplexer box, the created printer will never offer me the option to print two-sided.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 2, 2019 10:24 AM in response to Mabelfromolympia

Try deleting the printer and adding it again. When you do that, pay great attention to the options you are offered.

For example, I get this for a particular printer that has two-sided printing capability. If I do not check the duplexer box, the created printer will never offer me the option to print two-sided.

double sided printing with Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.