You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphont wont turn on

I bougt iphone xr from ebay and it was ok,the next day i connectetd to the internet and the phone restart and got locked.it says Unable to Activate.

Posted on May 2, 2019 6:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 2, 2019 6:27 AM

It may be the previous “owner” didn’t turn off “Find My iPhone” which is done by signing out of the Account.

If you can't activate your iPhone - Apple Support

Have a read of this article (towards the end) regarding “Check for Activation Lock before you buy a device from someone else” to see if you believe it could apply to you.

Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

If it does you need to contact the seller and get them to unlock the device which can be done remotely via iCloud.com, if they refuse or will not return your messages then file a dispute with either eBay or the method of payment.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 2, 2019 6:27 AM in response to gogi85

It may be the previous “owner” didn’t turn off “Find My iPhone” which is done by signing out of the Account.

If you can't activate your iPhone - Apple Support

Have a read of this article (towards the end) regarding “Check for Activation Lock before you buy a device from someone else” to see if you believe it could apply to you.

Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

If it does you need to contact the seller and get them to unlock the device which can be done remotely via iCloud.com, if they refuse or will not return your messages then file a dispute with either eBay or the method of payment.

Iphont wont turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.