You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovery of Photos

I accidentally restored my phone when signing into itunes and my whole camera roll was wiped out. Is there anyway to get my pictures and videos back?

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 28, 2019 11:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2019 1:39 PM

As that iTunes backup didn't contain your photos, and you never even had Photos turned on for an iCloud backup, then I'm sorry to tell you but those photos are gone.

For future reference, see the following articles regarding iCloud storage:

Buy more iCloud storage

Set up iCloud on your iOS devices or your Mac or Windows computer

Set up and use iCloud Photos

Manage your iCloud storage

One last point, always backup your photos etc. to your computer, not just iTunes or iCloud, and then back your computer up to an external hard drive or Flash drive.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 28, 2019 1:39 PM in response to emilie113

As that iTunes backup didn't contain your photos, and you never even had Photos turned on for an iCloud backup, then I'm sorry to tell you but those photos are gone.

For future reference, see the following articles regarding iCloud storage:

Buy more iCloud storage

Set up iCloud on your iOS devices or your Mac or Windows computer

Set up and use iCloud Photos

Manage your iCloud storage

One last point, always backup your photos etc. to your computer, not just iTunes or iCloud, and then back your computer up to an external hard drive or Flash drive.

Recovery of Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.