You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring photos from my old Apple ID to my new one

I have an old Apple ID on an iPad plus a new Apple ID on an MacBook Pro and iPhone 8+ which are synced. I would like to recover all the info and most important the photos I have from the old Apple ID, which I would like to stop using.

I’ve tried signing in with my old ID on the Mac and syncing it with all the boxes ticked as recommended in previous posts on this topic. Even though I’m signed in with my old ID and have tried to download the photos on the Mac, it only syncs the new account ID even though I’m signed in with the old Apple ID.

Clearly I’m missing something and would be very grateful if the community have any suggestions.

Many thanks!

CT

Posted on Apr 27, 2019 9:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2019 12:25 PM

You didn't mention whether you were trying this with an existing user account on the Mac or a new test account. If you didn't, I would suggest making a new user (in System Preferences > Users & Groups) that knows only the old Apple ID.

1 reply

Transferring photos from my old Apple ID to my new one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.