You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Desktop icons in iCloud

Okay, here's a weird question: I have a Mac mini and a MacBook Air, both on the same iCloud account. The between iCloud and Dropbox the two are almost identical - a change on one shows up on the other. Except one thing...

I made aliases for a couple of folders, and keep them on my desktop, and replaced both folders with my own icons. (One is a .png, one is a .jpg, but I have also used .icns)

The problem is periodically the aliases will lose their images, which puts me in a loop. Change the icon image on one computer it won't change on the other one, and then if I change the other one the first one changes back to an image of a folder, and so on and so on, back and forth. Sometimes they will inexplicably sync, but then just as inexplicably revert to folders.

A very specific luxury problem. Any suggestions?

MacBook Air, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 21, 2024 9:55 PM

There are no replies.

Desktop icons in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.