You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Siri and the Music App on iOS keep trying to link me to Apple Music streaming service - some songs unplayable

This has been an on off problem for a while now:

First - every time I ask Siri to play a music file on my phone, it tries to connect to Apple Music streaming service, tells me it’s having a problem connecting then finally can’t play the track. This happens with all tracks on my phone.

Second - and most problematic - I have downloaded tracks direct from record labels (recently Aphex Twin SAWII), put these tracks onto my phone via mac OS and now my phone won’t play them - all tracks are greyed out and I get a message that “this music has not been made available in your region”. The tracks were purchased from a reputable source and I can’t find any way to fix it.

please help!!

Posted on Oct 21, 2024 6:05 PM

There are no replies.

Siri and the Music App on iOS keep trying to link me to Apple Music streaming service - some songs unplayable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.