You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Jagged automation in Reason rack plugin on Logic Pro 11

Hello all! Hoping someone can help me here!

I'm using Reason Rack Plugin as an AU in Logic Pro 11 on a 16" MacBook Pro M3 Max 128GB. The problem also occurs on a 16" M1 Max 64GB and is as follows;

When automating a parameter in a smooth, straight line from 0-100%, the results are 'quantised' and jagged, or sometimes will just hang and get stuck entirely. The only thing that fixes it (sort of) is changing the tempo while the transport is running. Double clicking the tempo and pressing enter will suffice. Stopping and restarting the transport breaks it again. You can see the problem in action here;

https://www.instagram.com/reel/DBYtKfvsrqG/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Should mention, no other AU does this in Logic but I've been told it can occur with some third party plugins. Quite new to Logic so, I haven't had that experience. The plugin in question, Reason Rack Plugin, works fine in my other DAWs (Cubase Pro 13, Live Suite 12.1).

I have opened a ticket with the developer but they say they can't replicate it. And so far I've been unable to get anyone to send me a video of it working, or not. The demo of Reason is free if anyone is willing to check!

Do you think it's worth me opening a ticket for Logic also? If this is something that can happen with other plugins there might be some underlying reason for it that they're aware of.

Thank you so much!

**Edit: there is a free demo of Reason if anyone is willing and able to confirm. I realise that's a big ask though, and I understand if that's too much hassle. It's a great piece of software mind you, ya might like it. Apart from the automation not working haha.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro (M3 Max, 2023)

Posted on Oct 21, 2024 3:55 PM

There are no replies.

Jagged automation in Reason rack plugin on Logic Pro 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.