You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

My iPad 12.9 has been slow to start 2-3 minutes at start up how do I wipe it cleans back to how it was when it was new

My iPad is slow to start up 2-3 minute and I've done a recovery but it's still slow to start up

iPad Pro, iPadOS 18

Posted on Oct 21, 2024 12:11 PM

1 reply

Oct 21, 2024 2:49 PM in response to Fastjohnny1949

I'm not sure what you mean by "recovery", but this would be the procedure to return your iPad to factory settings:

How to factory reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you mean that you did this:

If you can't update or restore your iPad - Apple Support

then did you restore it using a backup? If so, try restoring it without a backup and see if it then performs normally. It's not impossible that there's a corruption that is in the backup and is just being put back.

If restoring even without a backup doesn't help, I'd recommend making an appointment at an Apple Store or authorized Apple service center and having your iPad analyzed.

Regards.

My iPad 12.9 has been slow to start 2-3 minutes at start up how do I wipe it cleans back to how it was when it was new

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.