You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Adapters - USB c female to usb a male

does apple make a connection for iPads and iPhones which is usb c female to usb a male? All cables are now usb c but laptops are usb a so in order to connect for data transfer setting up etc I need the cables to go to usb a! Googling just keeps bringing up the incorrectly named and suggested Apple accessory usb c to usb a which isn’t actually what it says it’s actually usb a to usb c which is useless! Bad apple advertising that as it’s should be called a usb a to usb c adapter not a usb c to usb a adapter which is what a lot of us need to now connect to the laptops!

iPad Pro

Posted on Oct 21, 2024 11:59 AM

4 replies

Oct 22, 2024 1:16 AM in response to Snowhug

Thank you for the info.

yes I’ve seen all the adapters out there, but none are mfi certified, I’ve had a issue with the iPad Pro 2024 11” overheating with a non Apple cable and was made by a company who do have mfi on a lot of cables but not on the cables with a angled connector, they did say they were made to the same standard, however I had a overheating issue. Both those are returned and the company did say I had a faulty batch, but now I’m a little cautious and trying to make sure I stick with apple or mfi to keep things safe.

i need a way to connect usb c to the laptop usb a for data sync, a lot of the adapters are for charging only and not data.

i never realised at the time of the change to usb c That the laptop was usb! Crazy that apple make these changes but then don’t make a adapter to allow connection of iPads and iPhones to usb a.

does anyone know of a REAL mfi or apple certified data sync adapter or short cable that takes usb c to usb a?

Adapters - USB c female to usb a male

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.