You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Start-up of MacBook Air A2337 with macOS Ventura.

Hi,

This issue is related to a start-up of an MacBook Air A2337 with macOS Ventura.

I have tried to find a solution of this issue on so many websites on the Internet with suggestions by professional users, but none of it is working.

I have also tried to execute the commands by adjusting the new settings for how the MacBook should start up, but nothing is working.

It's so annoying and staggering in the first place that Apple have developed macOS Ventura on this level of how a MacBook Air is starting up with default settings. Horrible is what this is.

https://osxdaily.com/2017/01/19/disable-boot-on-open-lid-macbook-pro/

How on earth can I adjust these setttings to be as normal and how Apple macOS normally has been forever for so many years. Power button on and off and that's it. Is it so diffucult to keep it that simple?

MacBook Air (M2, 2022)

Posted on Oct 21, 2024 11:51 AM

7 replies

Oct 21, 2024 4:57 PM in response to AKAJEF

According to man nvram, nvram -p just shows settings. It doesn't change them. On my Mac, nvram -p by itself generates a huge amount of semi-readable output, so I would suggest piping the output through grep, like this:man n

% nvram -p | grep auto-boot
auto-boot	true

The man entry does not document what the NVRAM variables are, and on my desktop Mac, the System Settings > Energy Saver > Start up automatically after a power failure preference is switched OFF. So I'm not quite sure what the auto-boot parameter is connected to, and I don't feel like changing its setting to find out.

Start-up of MacBook Air A2337 with macOS Ventura.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.