You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

"This account is locked"

When I try and reset the password on one of my accounts it says :

How do I unlock / get access to this account?

I have tried the "Reset your password" page which is what returns the error above

I can't see any way to find out how its locked, why it's locked, how to unlock it or how to raise it with Apple

Posted on Oct 21, 2024 7:16 AM

1 reply

Oct 21, 2024 7:24 AM in response to Rob_Quads

● If your account says “Account [is] locked”, or it is inactive, you might be able to request access to your account by tapping Request Access right from the alert. If that does not work, this link (versus one taking you to the general support page) is the most direct way to get to the people helping you with this —> https://getsupport.apple.com/?PGF=PGF63005&category_id=SC0245&symptom_id=23626

or by telephone at one of the numbers in this support article --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

● According to various posts, Apple may also permanently lock accounts for various reasons (very broadly outlined in section VII-B of Legal - iCloud - Apple ). If none of the above apply to you, that may be the case here. If it isn’t apparent, contact Apple and ask if that is the situation, but don’t expect them to tell you why. You are likely doing something to trigger security measures at Apple's end. You will have to see if your activities meet any of Apple's conditions in the support article and then stop doing things the way you have been.

"This account is locked"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.