You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

"No timers on HomePod" when there are, in fact, timers just on another HomePod.

We have a split level house with 4 HomePods, 2 original and 2 mini. If I come in the sliding door and ask Siri to set a timer to remind me to turn off the sprinkler it could be any one of 3 HomePods that actually respond and set a timer. That is fine and great.

However, if I then want to see how long remains on the timer and ask "Siri how long is left on the timer" I have to ask the *specific* HomePod otherwise I get a "There are no timers on HomePod" response...which is wrong!

There may not be a timer on HomePod A but HomePod B has a timer running just fine. It seems to me if I can call out in a house to set a timer I should be able to call out to find out how much time remains.

Am I just asking Siri the wrong question??

If not how is it that after over 5 years Siri is unable to canvas the HomePods in the same house and reply "There is x minutes remaining on the timer on HomePod B"!!!

My wife is now no longer using or trusting Siri to set timers because we both get alarmed when told there are no timers when we know, for a fact, that a timer has been set. And neither one of us wants to go around to canvas all the various HomePods to find out which one does, in fact, have the timer.

HomePod mini

Posted on Oct 21, 2024 7:05 AM

There are no replies.

"No timers on HomePod" when there are, in fact, timers just on another HomePod.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.