You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 Photos app has issues. Need fix for "Sort By Date Added" problem

This new Photos app in iOS 18 is......a struggle (running on 16 Pro). There are issues with the Sort By feature. I have to change the sort by function the other option every single time I open the app due to it not remembering the last selection. Is there no way to make it remember? Additionally, when I select the sort by Date Added option, it will ONLY sort the photos either taken by this current phone or added to the Camera Roll after having switched to the current phone from my previous 13 Pro, which completely defeats the purpose when it considers every photo added to the camera roll from the old phone as having the same Date Added date when transferring everything over to the new phone after upgrading. What is the fix for this, if there even is one? I have over 14,000 photos, so going through each of them and changing the metadata doesn't seem practical. Any fix for this? iOS bug?

iPhone 16 Pro, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 21, 2024 5:42 AM

There are no replies.

iOS 18 Photos app has issues. Need fix for "Sort By Date Added" problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.