You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Since the update, not all songs in my Favorite Playlists are playing

I use Apple CarPlay on my motorcycle and car. I have setup Favorite Playlists because I can find them faster than having to scroll through 60+ of my playlists to find them. Before the update, the Favorite Playlist was not working as it should. I have several playlists, but the ones I use frequently would now show up when I filtered to only show me my Favorite Playlists. I found out that the only way it would show up is if I marked at least one song in that playlist as a Favorite Song. Favorite Songs and Favorite Playlists should be mutually exclusive. But, whatever. Design flaw. With the 18.x update, now when I play a Favorite Playlist, it only plays songs in that playlist if they are marked as Favorite Songs. The only way that it will play ALL the songs in my playlist is if I modify my CarPlay playlist to show ALL playlists, scroll until I find the one that I want and select that playlist, then it will play all the songs in that play list. This makes the functionality of having Favorite Playlists useless. Just because I have a playlist as a favorite, doesn't mean that every song on the playlist has to be a favorite. If I filter out CarPlay to only show me my favorite playlist, then show me my favorite playlist and play all the songs in that playlist. If I only wanted to listen to my favorite songs, then I would select the predefined playlist called Favorite Songs. Please fix this. The Favorite Playlist functioned was flawed already. Now you've just made it useless.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 21, 2024 5:15 AM

There are no replies.

Since the update, not all songs in my Favorite Playlists are playing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.