You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Literally just cannot do anything on my MacBook

My laptop was running a touch slow so I decided to restart it, but after having done so, upon logging in I’m left with this screen. I can’t open the dock, can’t bring down the dropdown thing at the top, can’t see applications that I had open before restarting even though I clicked the “Open” option upon re-login. Just stuck on the home screen.

I seem to be able to play music (which I was playing before), I just can’t actually open/at least see any apps. I’ve already force restarted it about five times to no effect

Does it have something to do with the impending update it wants to install tonight? I had this same issue pop up a couple weeks ago after updating and I just manually restarted it once and it worked again. No idea what to do here

Also this does happen to be a somewhat urgent problem as I have stuff to work on I kinda can’t access until this issue is resolved. Would appreciate any and all help

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 21, 2024 5:03 AM

There are no replies.

Literally just cannot do anything on my MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.