You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

syncing old iphone backup from itunes with current icloud

Bit of a complicated story, but around a year ago my iphone got stolen. I had made an old fashioned backup and I also used ICloud but the storage was full, so the photos and other content of the previous months were not saved on the ICloud. When I got a new phone, I found out the backup was password-protected and I didn't know the password anymore... So I just continued my life with the Icloud backup that I had with missing photos, contacts, passwords etc.

However, a while ago I found the password to the backup! I had an old phone laying around to restore the backup to see what was on there, and almost everyhting is on there, a relief! Now, my question is, if I log into my icloud on that phone with the old backup, can I sync those "old" photos and data with my current icloud? or will that mess up and overwrite the photos/documents etc I have created since losing my phone a year ago? I'd appreciate any advice!

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 21, 2024 2:20 AM

1 reply

syncing old iphone backup from itunes with current icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.