You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Apple Gift Card scam concerns for elderly senior citizens

I purchased a $25 gift card for Apple for someone that was wanting to see me. I’m at elderly senior citizens and they talked me into buying them $25 gift card and $110 gift card and I wanted to find out how to use that because I never saw a person in my house and the person never did anything, but blow me up online and gaslight me whatever that means, so I am out all this money and I have lost over $80,000 in the last four years

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Oct 21, 2024 1:54 AM

2 replies

Oct 21, 2024 4:45 AM in response to Seatim1957a

Goverments and consumer agencies have been trying to educate people for years about these scams, but unfortunately people do still fall for them. For information, see:

https://consumer.ftc.gov/articles/avoiding-and-reporting-gift-card-scams

As Yer_Man said, this is not really an Apple issue as such, though you can report the scam to them:

About Gift Card Scams - Official Apple Support

but it's really a matter for the police, though it's unlikely that there will be anything they can do to help you.

Regards.

Apple Gift Card scam concerns for elderly senior citizens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.