You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How is my backup size 4.6gb!? I only have maximum of 5gb pls help

iPad, iPadOS 18

Posted on Oct 21, 2024 12:24 AM

1 reply

Oct 21, 2024 1:36 AM in response to moksh4392

Unless you subscribe to Apple’s “paid” iCloud+ storage plans, you only have 5GB of iCloud storage - which may be inadequate for your iCloud backup/storage needs. For a small monthly subscription, you can opt for 50GB, 200GB, 2TB or more of iCloud storage.

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

iCloud+ plans and pricing - Apple Support

Backup

This support page outlines the natively supported backup methods for iPad and iPhone:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Native iOS/iPadOS backup and restore processes are dependent upon iCloud, or connection to either Windows PC (with iTunes for Windows - or more recent Apple Devices App) or a Mac computer (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of macOS).

Natively supported methods offer full system backup - consisting of data and device settings.

As an alternative, it is possible to use a third-party App to backup data (but not device settings) to a variety of external storage options - including third-party Cloud services, external media devices and network storage. One App that comes readily to mind is FileBrowser Professional by Stratospherix:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/filebrowser-professional/id854618029

If considering this option, you would be well advised to review the extensive online Manual and help files to determine suitability for your needs.

https://www.stratospherix.com/products/filebrowserprofessional/filebrowser-professional-user-guide.php

How is my backup size 4.6gb!? I only have maximum of 5gb pls help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.