You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How can I reset my MacBook password?

I am trying to log into my MacBook and used the password that I had set. It did not work. I am having a hard time figuring out how to change the password on my MacBook or even trying to get it show me how to reset it.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 20, 2024 8:55 PM

1 reply

Oct 20, 2024 9:03 PM in response to Cassanbo

Cassanbo Said:

"Mac book password: I am trying to log into my MacBook and used the password that I had set. It did not work. I am having a hard time figuring out how to change the password on my MacBook or even trying to get it show me how to reset it."

-------

Reset the Forgotten Mac Password:

A. Where to Reset it:

Reset it using the login screen. You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Make sure that caps lock is not enabled when typing it.

B. Troubleshooting the Reset:

Go here, if having issues: If you can't Reset your Mac Login Password - Apple Support

C. Learn from This:

Important: Keep a handwritten, hardcopy list of your passwords. Store it in a secret location that only you are knowledgeable of, and only you have access to. And, on top of that, don't share you passwords with anyone whomsoever.

How can I reset my MacBook password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.