You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How to maybe block certain genre of music more effectively than one song at a time with "suggest less".

I think I may have found a better way to block genre of music than one at a time with "suggest less".

So, for example, let's say you don't really like HipHop music. In Apple Music App on your iPhone select search at the bottom right. In the search field at the top type "genre" then tap search. Just under the search field a horizontal list will appear: Top Results --> Artists --> Albums -- etc.. scroll all the way to the right. Second from last you will see "Categories". Select Categories. The first genre I see it just so happens is "Apple Music Hip-Hop. According to the example I am using here this seems like a good Category to select in order to get Apple Music to select Hip-Hop less. So, I select "Apple Music Hip-Hop. Once I am in Apple Music Hip-Hop I scroll down until I see "Hits by Decade" section. From this same page/screen I will tap and hold down each Decade tile one at a time. A list of options will appear while you are holding down on the tile. For example, in the Hip-Hop Decade the first is "Hip-Hop 10s" the next is "Hip-Hop 00s". One at a time I will select them and hold down till the choices pop up. The last option that is listed in the pop up for each Decade is "Suggest Less". If you select this option then the entire Decade of Hip-Hop will be suggested less. Or at least that is what I presume is the case. I just found this as an idea so don't really know if it will work but, it makes sense to me. I think it is worth a try. Good luck all!!!

Posted on Oct 20, 2024 6:00 PM

There are no replies.

How to maybe block certain genre of music more effectively than one song at a time with "suggest less".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.