You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

After updating MacbookPro to Sequoia, my computer is stalling for 20 seconds at a time every 3 minutes

I'll tell you what's not constructive - since updating my intel MacbookPro to Sequoia, my computer is stalling for 20 seconds at a time every 3 minutes. I can't get through an email. Playing videos are stalling. My computer now is now crashing for no reason. THAT is what is not constructive.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 20, 2024 5:55 PM

3 replies

Oct 20, 2024 9:19 PM in response to 3sparks

Hey 3sparks!

Sorry to hear about the performance issues since updating. I think knowing more information about the symptoms may help. Did you happen to already go through the steps in this article?:

If your Mac runs slowly - Apple Support

There are also several links in this article that lead to other troubleshooting steps that may lead to a solution.

Otherwise:

Can you please state the year/model of Mac you have?

The OS you had previously?

If you keep any external or Bluetooth devices connected on a normal basis?

And with using the Activity Monitor, (Another tool linked within the above article), are there any apps or processes that stick out as using too much CPU or memory?

Thanks! Glad to help out if I can, as anyone here.

After updating MacbookPro to Sequoia, my computer is stalling for 20 seconds at a time every 3 minutes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.