You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iPad 5th Gen Not turning on (Boot Loop)

So I haven't used my iPad 5th Gen for a couple years but I wanted to give it to my son for him to use however whenever I have it plugged in it does a continuous loop of the apple logo showing then dissapearing. I have tried a hard reset and also tried the DFU but it reaches a point where it says that it is waiting for the iPad but nothing happens. If anyone has had the same issues and found a way to fix it please let me know.

iPad (5th generation)

Posted on Oct 20, 2024 5:51 PM

1 reply

Oct 21, 2024 7:44 AM in response to D3ADSH0T215

As described, your iPad battery may have reached the end of its usable life - or has failed due to neglect. If the battery has failed, the iPad will not successfully boot to a running state - even when connected to its Power Adapter:

iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

These support pages should help with troubleshooting battery and charging issues:

Charge and monitor the iPad battery - Apple Support

If your iPad won't charge – Apple Support

If you continue to experience difficulties, you might be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

iPad 5th Gen Not turning on (Boot Loop)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.