You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How to remove "ask permission to download" on iPhone?

I'm 22 years old living on my own but my parents refuse to remove the "ask permission to download" setting. Is there anyway to remove this? Do I have to buy another phone? I also don't want to leave the apple family because I still want access to the shared photo albums. I'm guessing there's no options for me here but I'll ask anyway.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 20, 2024 5:52 PM

1 reply

Oct 21, 2024 7:57 AM in response to KC1303

Until they remove it (by the way, it is on your account, not any particular device) it will remain. You should be able to leave the family group if you do not wish for them to use this setting.

Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

You may wish to read these about photo sharing:

How to use iCloud Shared Photo Library - Apple Support

Read this support article to learn how to use Shared Albums in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac: How to use Shared Albums in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac - Apple Support

Shared Albums lets you share photos and videos with just the people you choose — and they can add their own photos, videos, and comments. Read this support article for more information --> How to use Shared Albums in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac - Apple Support

How to remove "ask permission to download" on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.