You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Ineligible refund request for cancelled subscription

My card was charged after I cancelled a subscription and I requested a refund but was told I am not eligible. I don’t understand.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 20, 2024 3:52 PM

1 reply

Oct 21, 2024 12:44 AM in response to rekah66

DId you cancel the subscription properly?

Managing auto-renewing subscriptions -

If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

You might need to scroll down to find the Cancel Subscription button.

Scroll further down the link for instructions for non-Apple devices.

Things about subscriptions;

⁃ Deleting an app does not cancel the subscription.

⁃ A trial subscription must be canceled more than 24 hours before the renewal date or it may renew.

⁃ Many subscriptions are set to renew automatically until you cancel them.

⁃ If you see multiple subscription offers, as long as you don’t select one, the subscription shouldn’t renew.

⁃ If you don’t see Cancel Subscription, the subscription is canceled and won't renew.

⁃ An expiration date means the current subscription has been canceled but is available to use until that date.

⁃ Use Resubscribe/Renew if you change your mind about canceling the subscription.

This is a user to user forum. No one here works for Apple. No one here can assist when Apple denies a refund.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 15.0.1;  Watch, series 10 GPS-only, watchOS 11.0.1; iPhone 16, iOS 18.0.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 18.0.1; HomePods, audioOS 18.0.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Ineligible refund request for cancelled subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.