You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Sharing ICloud Photos

I have my children on my Apple account. Their phones and iPads use my Apple ID. And are all connected to my iCloud storage.

this keeps it simple when they want to download apps or make in app purchases etc.

How do I change settings so that only I can see photos/videos taken on my phone?

And are not shared on their (or any other) devices.

I would to make it so that any photos I take are not automatically shown on their phones. (But still saved on my iCloud and accessible on my phone as normal)

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 20, 2024 3:24 PM

1 reply

Oct 21, 2024 8:19 AM in response to ParklifeJunkie

ParklifeJunkie wrote:

I have my children on my Apple account.

If you really mean they are sharing an Apple Account with you, please get them their own (each on his or her own). Accounts are meant to be used by one person only and putting your photos on their devices is exactly what is supposed to happen. You cannot prevent that without stopping them from getting any photos.

Make sure that each family member has a unique Apple ID as suggested in this support article --> Make sure that each family member has a unique Apple Account - Apple Support

For a child (age varies according to country), read this support article about how to create an Apple ID for your child --> Create an Apple Account for your child - Apple Support

This support article describes how to create a new, non-child Apple ID = create an Apple Account. --> How to create a new Apple Account - Apple Support

If they are young children this will have to be done with Family Sharing.

- Family Sharing - What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

- Set up Family Sharing - Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Read How to use Shared Albums in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac - Apple Support about how to share photos.

Sharing ICloud Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.