You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Music on iPhone 15 pro missing in iTunes

I just bought an iPhone 15 Pro that contains music that was transferred from an iPhone SE 2020. However, I when I connect the 15 pro to iTunes, no songs are shown. How do I resolve this?

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 20, 2024 9:02 AM

5 replies

Oct 20, 2024 9:16 AM in response to MsDNS

Did you install the more recent apps on your computer; Apple Music, Apple TV and Apple Devices? If so your tracks will be in Apple Music now, and you will use Apple Devices to sync with your iPhone.

If you didn't and are still using just iTunes, then perhaps this will help:

Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Regards.

Oct 20, 2024 11:23 AM in response to varjak paw

Perhaps the screenshot above will clarify what I was trying to explain. I have hundreds of songs on my iPhone 15 Pro which were included during the transfer from my iPhone SE 2020 yesterday. But, as indicated above, when I click on Music on my iphone in iTunes, nothing shows. Without being able to access the music in iTunes, I'm make certain edits that I'm unable to accomplish on my phone. Hopes this makes things clearer.

Oct 20, 2024 9:50 AM in response to varjak paw

This did not help. I don't want to sync the music on my phone with the music in my iTunes library. I have far more music in my library than I care to have on my phone, so I prefer to manage the music myself. In addition, the music in my library includes songs from sources other than music purchased from Apple.

Oct 20, 2024 10:35 AM in response to MsDNS

Then sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to achieve. The whole point of iTunes as it applies to your phone is to allow you to add and remove tracks and other media from that phone, and that's done via the sync process. You can choose what parts of your iTunes library you sync to your phone; it's not an all-or-nothing proposition.

You'll probably need to clarify exactly what you're trying to accomplish.

Regards.

Music on iPhone 15 pro missing in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.