You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

migrating from apple mail to outlook or other.

Help

Apple's Mail.app has stood still for years from the perspective of someone who uses others e.g. Outlook for work. I'm keen to switch, but having used it since the early 2000s, migrating away seems a hill too high to climb. Wondering if anyone can help? I've read several threads on here about this but most assume that the mail is already on the IMAP server.

I have a hierarchical local folders system (thanks 00s), which I want to keep. I've tried sticking it on the IMAP server, but Mail.app sucks at this and tends to fall over without warning and leaving thousands of messages out. Exporting mailboxes also doesn't seem to work, with folders with thousands of messages + attachments sizing up at 21kb.

I've looked at third party options, such as Arrow Bit SL's MailExporter, but it's reasonably high price (£24.99), suspiciously unavailable reviews, and questionable transparency on privacy give me pause.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Posted on Oct 20, 2024 8:26 AM

There are no replies.

migrating from apple mail to outlook or other.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.