You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

personal data security

I've received a message that some personal data (not specified) has been found on the dark web. I also received a pop up on my iphone 15 pro that one of my passwords was compromised (also not specified) I'm interested in a web scrubber and other comprehensive internet privacy protection. Suggestions?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.6

Posted on Oct 20, 2024 6:50 AM

2 replies

Oct 20, 2024 7:47 AM in response to jzsfnm

You lose your privacy every time you enter your email address or phone number on a web site. It is expected by now that with all the data breaches, it is more than likely that at least one of your passwords has been exposed. Go to the Passwords settings on either one of your devices and it will give the details on which passwords may have been exposed. You should frequently change your passwords as there is no web scrubber that will remove all your data from the web.

personal data security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.