You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

I no longer have 'Icon view' on my MacBook Pro after macOS Sequoia 15.0.1 update

After updating my MacBook Pro to macOS Sequoia 15.0.1 I no longer have Icon view. Every file icon view is of the PrintShop4 logo. This is very annoying. If the file does not have a recognizable file name, I have to open files randomly until I find the one I need. I have reinstalled Printshop4 and it did not resolve the issue. All other applications are able to show files in icon view.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15″

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 12:09 PM

2 replies

Oct 19, 2024 2:20 PM in response to SongbirdDeb

Boot into Restore mode,CMD+r keys...

Look at top of screen for Utilities menu...

In Disk Utility>View, select Show all Devices, highlight the top left entry.

Run Disk First Aid on all items in the left panel, from top down.

If still need be…

Open Terminal and run each of these one at a time

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user

sudo will ask you for an Admin password that won't be echoed.

Carefully type your admin password when asked & hit enter.

sudo /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -kill -seed -lint -r -f -v -dump -domain local -domain system -domain user -domain network

killall Dock

sudo mdutil -E /

sudo mdutil -i on /

Rebuilding a drive index can take a long time, so be prepared to wait whether you do it through the System Preference panel or the command line.

I no longer have 'Icon view' on my MacBook Pro after macOS Sequoia 15.0.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.