You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How does Mirroring Wk on APP

How do I mirror ??

from my iPhone to the tv with the Apple TV app

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 7:05 AM

1 reply

Oct 19, 2024 7:58 AM in response to LSUFANS

Mirroring from iPhone to TV requires that the TV (or a TV-connected streaming device [read: Apple TV box or Roku]) supports AirPlay receiving. Other local streaming protocols are not supported for Apple’s own apps.

List of AirPlay-enabled smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Alternatively, select reasonably modern smart TVs support the Apple TV app, so that no local streaming is needed. Select TV-connected third party streaming devices support the Apple TV app, so that no local streaming is needed. For best experience (imho), get the Apple TV box to connect to a TV through HDMI, which obviously includes the Apple TV app. I think it is better than what smart TVs offer. Apple TV app vs. Apple TV box - Apple Community

Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV or streaming device - Apple Support

Watch on these smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple Support

How to watch Apple TV+ and more - Apple Support

Alternatively, you may be able to use a HDMI adapter with iPhone, if you’re willing to give up phone portability during this type of use. E.g.: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter - Apple

How does Mirroring Wk on APP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.