You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Mac Mini Pro keeps rebooting after Mac Sequoia

About every 2 minutes or so, my mini pro reboots, and sometimes it gives an error message saying something about a kernel panic. Before I upgraded to Sequoia, everything was fine, and immediately after the upgrade the constant rebooting happened. The rebooting got significantly worse after the latest patch.

However, when I start the Mac up in safe mode, the mac works fine and has no issues, although it is sluggish. So clearly there is an issue with some conflict between the new OS with a preexisting software, and not with the hardware.

I used etrecheck in safe mode, and the results are attached. I also attached the Reset counter. The link below is the error report for the kernel panic.

Thank you in advance.

[Edited by Moderator]

Mac mini, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 3:47 AM

7 replies

Oct 19, 2024 5:14 AM in response to Spectator1993

Performance: Below Average

Low performance - EtreCheck report took an unusually long time to run.

Kernel panics - This system has experienced kernel panics. This could be a sign of hardware failure.

disk0 - APPLE SSD AP0128M 121.33 GB (Solid State - TRIM: Yes)

Used: 61.45 GB

Size: 121.02 GB

Free: 41.99 GB

Available: 42.64 GB

It is generally a good computer practice to alway keep at least 20% to 25% of the Total Drive Capacity’s as Empty Space.

Allowing the computer to drop below these guidelines may eventually, cause unintended consequences.

There is Purgeable Space and there is Empty Space.

Purgeable Space which is Controlled by the Operating System.

When the Operating Systems decides the computer needs additional Empty Space, it will move a portion of the Purgeable to Empty space

AFAIK - there is no User Actions to hasten this transition from Purgeable to Empty Space

It can day or longer before this will occur.

Configuration profiles found - This computer may have configuration profiles installed.

Remote Management: Enabled

Configuration Profiles:

com.apple.wifi.managed

SSID_STR

EAPClientConfiguration/EAPFASTUsePAC

EAPClientConfiguration/PayloadCertificateAnchorUUID[0]

HIDDEN_NETWORK

EAPClientConfiguration/EAPFASTProvisionPAC

EAPClientConfiguration/UserName

EAPClientConfiguration/EAPFASTProvisionPACAnonymously

AutoJoin

EAPClientConfiguration/TTLSInnerAuthentication

EAPClientConfiguration/TLSTrustedServerNames[0]

EncryptionType

EAPClientConfiguration/AcceptEAPTypes[0]

EAPClientConfiguration/UserPassword

[Not Loaded] VBoxDrv.kext - org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxDrv (Oracle America, Inc., 6.1.40)

Current version is VirtualBox 7.1.4

2024-10-19 MaCleaner Pro (16.2.2)

Disk Cleaner 

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS,  is an invitation for disaster. 

Certain Applications maybe available on the Apple Apps Store - this only means the Developer is prepared to pay Apple a percentage on each sale. 

What the Application may do to the computer is up to the User to check this out before purchase

To put the Third Party Disk Cleaner / Optimizer in context and the damages it may have or has already done.

This type applications can or will Muck Up your User Account ( Home Folder ) of this machine.

It does not touch the Operating System itself unless you consider your User Account ( Home Folder ) as part of the Operating System.

The Operating System is hosed

Oct 19, 2024 5:31 AM in response to Spectator1993

Start now and open an Apple Support Ticket as they are PAID  Apple Employees to deal will these types of issues . 

Product Feedback - and make it known to Apple regarding this ongoing issue

Have the computer evaluated by the Professionals who have the Special Hardware Software and Expertise to diagnose the issue and offer possible solutions

Make an Appointment at the Apple Genius Bar or call 1 800 MyApple and have them evaluate the computer

Other location Call Centres 

Contact Apple for support and service

Oct 21, 2024 9:42 AM in response to Spectator1993

Maybe it's a hardware issue, maybe Security Chip related, but more likely is it that Sequioa is the Culprit.

You are absolutely not the only Person having Issues with Sequoia.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-sequoia-working-and-non-working-apps

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255801595?sortBy=rank

Hopefully it will be solved with 15.1 (I read that this will come next week).

[Edited by Moderator]

Oct 19, 2024 4:01 AM in response to Spectator1993

This is likely to be a bridgeOS panic.

BridgeOS is the operating system for the Apple T2 Security Chip, so this indicates a critical error in the T2 chip's firmware or operations.

Consider updating macOS to the latest version to see whether this fixes it. (I appreciate you may already be at the latest version of Sequoia.)

Perform an SMC (System Management Controller) reset

Contact Apple Support as it may indicate a hardware issue with the T2 chip

Oct 19, 2024 4:20 AM in response to The_Knowledge_Seeker

Thank you for your reply.

I did the PRAM reset by pressing Option, Command, P, and R keys at the same time. I did this reset twice and it didn't work.

I am not familiar with macOS, so does this suggest that Sequoia causes issues with the T2 chip firmware? If so, then why is everything fine in Safe Mode, except for the sluggish activity?

Lastly, do you know where I can contact apple support?

Thanks again.

Oct 19, 2024 5:37 AM in response to Spectator1993

Spectator1993 wrote:

I am not familiar with macOS, so does this suggest that Sequoia causes issues with the T2 chip firmware? If so, then why is everything fine in Safe Mode, except for the sluggish activity?

Looking online certainly suggest there's an issue with T2 and Sequoia.

Lastly, do you know where I can contact apple support?

This depends on where you are based I think. https://getsupport.apple.com/?locale=en_GB works for the UK

Mac Mini Pro keeps rebooting after Mac Sequoia

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.