You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Which Apple ID is Password app linked to? (iCloud Passwords iOS 18)

I have two Apple IDs (call them “public@icloud.com” and “private@icloud.com”).

On my work iPad/iPhone/ Mac, I login to iCloud with a public/private combination (i.e., with “public@icloud.com” for Media & Purchases (music, movies, etc.) and with with “private@icloud.com” for Messages, Photos, Mail, etc. and everything else.

Now I want to set up an old iPad/iPhone for anybody to use to play music, movies etc., but without access to my work Messages, Photos, Mail AND passwords. These devices would login with a single Apple ID (i.e., using “public@icloud.com” for everything.

So, which Apple ID are my Passwords linked to? “private” or “public” (i.e., Media and Purchases)? I do not want anyone who uses the public iPad/iPhone to be able to see private Passwords.

If Passwords are linked to the same Apple ID that is used for Media and Purchases Apple ID by default, is there a way around this?

Thank you.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.6

Posted on Oct 18, 2024 5:03 PM

1 reply

Which Apple ID is Password app linked to? (iCloud Passwords iOS 18)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.