You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Why is my App Store missing after updating to iOS 18?

okay so after i downloaded the ios 18 update (iphone 11 if it matters) i checked for my app store after i realised it was missing and i couldn’t find it anywhere but in the settings as an icon, but i cant click it or anything, i even tried to use a shortcut to open it, but it said restricted, so i went to settings to try and unrestrict it, but it’s all unrestricted anyways, only thing i could think it might have been was that i skipped the ios 17 something update and went straight to 18, bugging it out, can anyone please help tell me what to do to fix this without having to wipe my phone or anything i just want/need my app store back for work and general etc, much appreciated if someone can tell me.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 18, 2024 4:20 PM

4 replies

Oct 19, 2024 6:35 AM in response to HazKo3a

HazKo3a wrote:

i already tried that, like i said it’s all unrestricted anyways. do you know where i can take my phone to go ask for some help?? or how to get it back without losing all my data?

The next step would be to shut off Content & Privacy Restrictions entirely at Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions.

• Also make sure you do not have any Profiles installed at Settings > General > VPN & Device Management.
  • Some user had success shutting off Share Across Devices at Settings > Screen Time > Share Across Devices.
  • Force Restart your phone. It may take a couple of attempts to get the speed and sequence of the key presses correct and the last step of holding the side button until the Apple Logo appears could take up to 15 seconds. Ignore anything else on the screen during that time.

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

Oct 19, 2024 4:32 AM in response to HazKo3a

Hello,

It appears you cannot find your App Store app. This issue is mentioned in this support article --> Download apps and games on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Certain built-in apps cannot be deleted so it is somewhere on your device. It can be hidden* by you, or by an administrator if your device is managed by an education or business institution. In the latter case you need to contact the administrator.

See if you hid it with restrictions:

It appears you have already checked Screen Time.

See if it is in your App Library -->

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone [iOS14] - Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support

"Search for it ( Use Spotlight Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support ). Swipe down from the middle of any home screen and type the name of the app into the search field at the top of the screen. If it is in a folder, it will show the folder on the right of the app name after you tap on the app when it appears in the search."

"Reset the Home screen layout which will return the [app] to the home screen as long as it isn’t restricted. When you do this, it returns the home screen to out of the box condition and it will destroy any folders you had on the home screen. Settings > General > Reset > Reset Home screen layout."

* Use parental controls on your child's iPhone and iPad - Apple Support "If you turn off an app or feature, the app or feature won't be deleted, it's just temporarily hidden from your Home Screen."

If none of those work, contact Apple. Refer to this page for Apple Support features ➔ Contact - Official Apple Support

Select from the presented options until you find a solution for your issue, or see if there is a chat or phone call contact method offered lower on the page (you sometimes have to narrow down the options multiple times before this is shown). If you do not see your issue, keep experimenting with any series of selections until you reach one that offers a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

This support article has various country telephone numbers for contacting Apple for support and service ➔ Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Why is my App Store missing after updating to iOS 18?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.