You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

External Monitor Not Displaying on MacBook M1 - “Accessory Needs More Power” Error

Hi everyone,

I’m experiencing an issue with my external monitor when connecting it to my MacBook with an M1 chip. The monitor (Samsung LS27A600UUUXXU) charges the MacBook via USB-C, but doesn’t display anything. Instead, I receive a notification saying “Accessory needs more power. Disconnecting other accessories may allow this to work.” There are no other accessories connected to my Mac.

Here’s what I’ve tried so far:

1. Different Cables: I’ve tried four different USB-C cables, and the issue persists with all of them.
  2. Ports: I've tested both USB-C ports on my MacBook, but the issue remains.
  3. SMC Reset & NVRAM Reset: I’ve performed an SMC and NVRAM reset, but this didn’t resolve the problem.
  4. System Report: The monitor is detected in System Information, but only as a USB device, not as an actual display.
  5. Monitor Settings: I've checked that the monitor is in PC mode for USB-C, and the firmware is up-to-date.
  6. Other Devices: The monitor works fine with other devices like my laptop, so the issue seems to be specific to the MacBook.

Has anyone encountered this issue before or found a solution? I’d appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks!

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Oct 18, 2024 11:11 AM

There are no replies.

External Monitor Not Displaying on MacBook M1 - “Accessory Needs More Power” Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.