You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Using two Apple ID's on my iphone

I spend half of my time in the USA and half in Canada. I have two apple id's. One for Canada, one for USA. When I switch from one to the other, it says data removed from this iphone will still be available in iCloud. Keep a Copy of.......... Also says "payment cards, keys and orders will be removed from wallet. Does this mean every time I switch, I'll loose my credit cards in wallet and have to add them all back? I'm thinking it creates a real mess????

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 18, 2024 8:49 AM

1 reply

Oct 18, 2024 9:02 AM in response to DavidSMac

There is no real solution to the multiple country issue. I see posts like this several times per week for 20 years now. The problem is, people who do not have a valid reason for using the store in another country would love to do so to get around licensing restrictions placed by the rights owners on Apple's selling of media and apps.

If you are using multiple accounts, even if they were set to the same country, you would still have the same problem. Apple's design is for a user to use a single account all the time and to make changes internally to the account to accommodate different situations. Read this support article about Apple ID Frequently Asked Questions --> https://account.apple.com/faq

"How many Apple IDs do I need?

Just one. Use the same Apple ID everywhere you sign in to ensure that all your Apple services and devices work together seamlessly and you can access your personal content from all your devices."

Your only practical alternative would be to either get a computer where you can have multiple user accounts set to different Apple Accounts, or buy another phone or iPad and use one for one country and the other for the other. Yes, costly, but that's the only "solution". You wouldn't need full phone service. If this was 10 years ago I would have told you to buy an iPod Touch instead to use with WiFi.

Using two Apple ID's on my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.