You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Delete apple account from iphone

Years ago my daughter and I shared an iTunes account. Since then she is grown and married. I got my own apple account years ago and have never been able to delete her account off my phone. It constantly asks me to sign in.

I bought a watch yesterday and in connecting to my phone it is asking to connect to my daughter’s account, not mine. How do I remove her account from my phone????

iPhone 14, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 18, 2024 8:15 AM

1 reply

Oct 18, 2024 8:26 AM in response to Tttttttt1234

It could be on there in several places, including some that will require her account information to remove it.

Ideally get her to use the steps in this support article remove her personal information from a device, even if she don't have it anymore. --> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you do not want to completely erase the phone (she will have to do it with her account information), you are then faced with the task of going through things one by one. The most common place for this to occur is with apps that were purchased with her account. You have to delete those and download them with your account. If you do not know which ones they are, resort to manual updating one by one and see which ones ask for her information. How to manually update apps on your Apple device - Apple Support

There could be other places too. The nasty one awaiting you might be in Find My. How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Delete apple account from iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.